Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Third LA MArathon

On Sunday, March 21st, I ran my third consecutive LA marathon. This was also the third route that I have run because they have changed it every year that I have run it. This year's route was very interesting. We ran from Dodger Stadium to Santa Monica. This route took us through Downtown LA, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and many other great cities. It was a fun run but again, one of the hardest things I have ever done. Even training for 16 weeks does not full prepare your body to run 26.2 miles. My goal was to finish and I did in 5 hours and 42 minutes.
Marathon2010002
Here is Laura and I at Dodger Stadium before the Marathon started. It was cold but the view of Downtown was amazing.

Marathon2010016
Look at all of these people that I am in front of...I think most of them passed me.

DSC03548
Here we are running up the hill toward the Disney Concert Hall.

DSC03555
Lovely Echo Park

Marathon2010023
Still smiling...

DSC03583
Here is the best thing I saw all day. Only 0.2 miles to go.



Here is a video of what it was like to cross the finish line.

Marathon2010037
Here I am with Laura after finishing. No, the medal does not say that I came in 25th place. It was the 25th anniversary of the LA Marathon. I was more like 13,000th place.
(Yes that is a bagel in my right hand...yummy)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting your video! I can pretty much guarantee that that is the only way I will experience finishing a marathon!