Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 2 Still Cancelled

Day two of school was another uneventful day... at the school site that is. Again, school was cancelled due to horrible air conditions, not to mention the fact that part of the hillside was still on fire, and many students were still evacuated from their homes. Laura and I decided to go down to school to check things out. You could still see smoke high in the hills above school.

Oh…we also learned how to order pizza when you are evacuated. The trick is that the pizza guy cannot get past the police and if you leave the evacuation area in your car, you cannot return.
In this picture you can see the pizza guy on the right. He pulled up and we thought, “Oh no! How will he deliver this pizza?” Well, just then, the guy who was in the black car in the middle (just to the right of the police car), honked his horn to get the attention of the pizza guy. That’s right, he drove his car right down to the police security line and waited for the pizza guy to bring his pizza to the intersection. I tell ya, that is creativity.
For more entertainment and clean air, Laura and I headed back down to Glendale today. This time we went to my favorite burger joint The Habit. Oh my goodness it is so good. I love the BBQ Bacon Char Burger…Yummy!!!
Also while we were out I picked up one of these babies. Now I am ready for the real "Day 1" whenever that may be…

3 comments:

arin abramovich sarkissian said...

you look funny. Thats all I have to say.

Unknown said...

mr laing when the fire was like REALLY REALLY close to me i felt bad for lucas and ryan because they have asmtha

arvin a said...

GUINEA PIGS RULE! I don't care if you don't like them. That's right! GUINEA PIGS RULE!